1) If you ever have a printer shipped to you, keep the styrofoam and the box they used to protect it. Measure out and draw some lines.
2) Cut along the lines at a 45° angle to remove strips, making triangular grooves along the styrofoam.
3) Reshape the box to a fireplace shape, with an opening for the hearth.
4) Glue your styrofoam bricks to the outside.
5) Keep a few scraps of bricks for the chimney.
6) Paint it
7) Outline the bricks with a brush
8) Drape two strings of flashing Christmas lights, orange and white, in a grey silk.
Mike deserves 99% of the credit for this, but I’m not above taking my 1%.